Friday, August 31, 2012

Holy Cow it's been too long!

Wow I haven't update in almost a year! Where has time gone?

I guess I'll do a quick overview of the past year.

Last August, we welcomed my first niece, Molly Violet, to the world. She decided to make her debut right as hurricane Irene was hitting our area. But we braved the pouring rain and drove out to Troy to see her sweet little face the day she was born.
We all fell in love with her instantly and have been going gaga over her ever since.

In October we had a crazy snow storm just before Halloween. It knocked out power all over the area, some people were out for a week. Luckily we only were out for 3 or 4 days and my awesome parents let us take hot showers at their house. The storm was definitely a bit scary, all through the night we kept hearing tree branches cracking and falling. Every time we heard one, we ran to the window to make sure it didn't hit the house. Luckily the house was spared, but our fence in the dog yard did get squished.








We didn't let the storm stop our fun though. We got together with the family to have lunch for Molly's first Halloween. She dressed up as a peapod.

 The rest of the fall and winter were fairly uneventful, other than me getting the "Rock Solid" Award at our company's 25th Anniversary.
This award basically is for me being awesome at my job.


In April, Dave celebrated his 30th birthday. I had a surprise party for him and he was definitely very surprised! I didn't think I could pull it off but I guess my ninja surprise party skills are pretty sharp.

It took a lot of planning and secrecy, but it was worth it! Big thanks to everyone who helped cook and to my parents for letting me hide everything at their house and for all of their help!


And then wedding season began.
I dubbed this summer the Seven Wedding Summer. 

Here we are at wedding #1, the Graham/Libby wedding. Dave was the best man!

Here we are at wedding #2, the Naumchick/Bernier wedding. Yes, I repeated the same dress. Tsk Tsk.

Here we are at wedding #3, the Daley/White wedding. Definitely a fun time with all the family!

Lucky for us, wedding #4, the Stewart/Mann wedding was super casual.

Wedding #5, the O'Leary/Kulig wedding, took us out to New Hampshire.

That brings us to weddings 6 and 7, which are coming up in the next few weeks.

We had a great time during our annual summer vacation in Maine. This year was extra special because it was Molly's first vacation at the beach.

Molly in her cute Hello Kitty bathing suit

Molly LOVED the water

I love my Molly!

And of course Dave and I enjoyed ourselves, we ate ALOT and got to relax.

So that brings us to now. Little Molly just turned 1 year old this past week! This weekend is her big birthday bash, and I could not be any more excited about it. 

We haven't done anything major to the house in the past year, other than putting in new windows and repainting all of the shutters to match the roof. We also had some trees cut down.

I'll put up some house pictures soon, it looks really nice with all of the shutters painted maroon like the roof. My next project will be to take the house numbers off and paint those to match too.

I guess that's it for now. I'll definitely be making an effort to update this much more often than once a year!





No comments:

Post a Comment