Well...where to begin. June 1st was an interesting day, to say the least. As most of you know, 3 tornadoes touched down in Western Mass. I sat in my office and watched one of them live as it made its way through West Springfield, over the river and into Springfield. It was literally just miles away from where I work and live. It seemed so surreal, which is probably why I went about my day and even ran errands after work. I ended up having to take cover in a parking garage at the Holyoke Mall when another storm came through with lots of hail. I spent the rest of the night watching the news with Dave and dogs, still not believing what I was seeing. The sky was very eerie after the storms moved through.
Luckily, everyone I know is safe with little or no damage to their homes. Unfortunately that is not the case for many people in the area. The pictures and videos of the devastation were jaw-dropping. But I really got a feel for it when I saw Union Street in West Springfield first hand. It's hard to believe something like this happened here. We're used to the occasional brush by of a hurricane or blizzards and nor'easters in the winter. But this was definitely unexpected. I will surely be taking tornado watches and warnings seriously in the future.
So most of that night we just looked out the window, waiting to see what the weather would do next. You can see Dave and Matthew and Miles peering out the window here.
Look carefully in the 1st floor windows in that picture...you'll see our little guys peeking out. They love sitting in the windows, watching cars go by and letting the breeze blow their ears.
So that's about it right now. Dave and his dad put up some more lights in the garage. And Dave got a beastly truck. Pictures soon to come.
This weekend we will be hitting up the taste of the Valley here in West Side and having a tag sale. Hopefully we can sell a lot of our stuff, we have so much that we don't need or use.
No comments:
Post a Comment